“Transitioning to Retirement” Workshops
The transition to retirement can be unexpectedly challenging—as challenging as other significant life changes—first job, marriage, having children, changing careers, or relocating. Advance planning for retirement can help in ensuring a positive retirement experience; in support of this planning, this workshop series provides valuable information and tools to support the achievements of retirement goals.
The workshop series for faculty/academics will encompass several different aspects of retirement. These well-received sessions are a collaborative effort between the Academic Affairs office and the UC Davis Retiree Center. The workshops are designed for those individuals considering retirement within the next five to eight years.
The four workshops will complement and build upon each other, therefore, it is recommended that participants register for each of the four sessions. Workshop leaders will include UC Davis staff, faculty and representatives from retirement-focused organizations.
Davis Campus Workshop Dates (UC Davis Conference Center, Ballroom):
- Session 1: Introduction & Understanding UC Retirement Plan Income Options - Friday, January 10, 2020 1:00pm - 4:00pm
- Session 2: Retiree Health Care Benefits & Social Security - Wednesday, January 15, 2020 1:00pm - 4:00pm
- Session 3: Financial Planning for Retirement - Friday, January 24, 2020 1:00pm -4:00pm
- Session 4: Work & Lifestyle Transitions - Friday, January 31, 2020 1:00pm - 4:00pm
Sacramento Campus Workshop Dates:
- Session 1: Introduction & Understanding UC Retirement Plan Income Options - Friday, February 7, 2020 1:00pm - 4:00pm in Cancer Center Auditorium
- Session 2: Retiree Health Care Benefits & Social Security - Friday, February 14, 2020 1:00pm - 4:00pm in Education Building, Lecture Hall 1222
- Session 3: Financial Planning for Retirement - Friday, February 21, 2020 1:00pm -4:00pm in Education Building, Lecture Hall 1222
- Session 4: Work & Lifestyle Transitions - Friday, February 28, 2020 1:00pm - 4:00pm in Education Building, Lecture Hall 1222
Registration is available through the Staff Development and Professional Services website.
Space is limited, so early registration is advised. To address privacy concerns, supervisors/chairs of registrants will not be automatically notified when an employee/appointee enrolls for this workshop. Spouses/partners are invited to attend but cannot register online, so please contact the Retiree Center at email@example.com to register them.
For those who cannot attend the workshops, webinars and other resources are available on the Retiree Center’s retirement planning webpage. For more information, contact the Retiree Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or 752-5182.