About the NCFDD
The National Center for Faculty Development and Diversity (NCFDD) is an independent professional development, training and mentoring community for over 90,000 faculty, post-docs and grad students, dedicated to supporting academics in making successful transitions throughout their careers. They offer workshops, professional development training and intensive mentorship programs.
NCFDD training teaches concrete, empirically tested strategies for increasing productivity and pays special attention to the challenges of underrepresented faculty. In addition to monthly training workshops, NCFDD provides an opportunity for individual scholars to become more effective.
UC Davis Institutional membership provides relevant professional development training, support from highly trained and successful mentors, a confidential “safe space” for problem solving, and downloadable formats for self-paced learning.
Benefits to Faculty
- Resources for greater success in publication and securing external funding for your research
- Strategies that instill confidence as an independent researcher
- Tips for fostering better working relationships with departmental colleagues
- Increased interactions with both campus-based and external mentors, sponsors, and collaborators
- Increased job satisfaction and the ability to truly enjoy the academic life you’ve worked so hard to create
Institutional Membership Access
Our UC Davis institutional membership in NCFDD makes it possible for faculty to join their email listserv and receive updates about NCFDD’s upcoming programs and workshops. Faculty members must first create an account; to do so, please click on the link and follow the steps to start enjoying the resources of NCFDD.
Faculty Success Program
The Faculty Success Program (FSP) is NCFDD's boot camp signature program designed for tenure-track and tenured faculty looking to improve research productivity and work-life balance. This 12-week program offers intensive coaching, weekly trainings, time tracking tools, master coach sessions, and peer support. Of all the participants from the last Faculty Success Program session;
- 98% were satisfied with the program
- 94% believed the program improved writing productivity
- 87% believed the program improved their work-life balance
The Faculty Success Program offers trainings in Fall, Winter, and Spring. Academic Affairs can assist with Fall registration in the preceding Spring. Please reach out to your Department Chair or Dean's office with any questions you may have.
What’s Also Included:
- Monday Motivator (weekly productivity tips)
- Productivity workshops
- Guest expert workshops
- Multi-week courses
- Private networking forum
- Moderated writing challenges
- Library of workshops (includes recordings, slides & transcripts)
- Mentor matches
- NCFDD Career Center
- Webinar Series (see upcoming topics below)
Upcoming Webinar Series
Utilize an extensive library of trainings offered with NCFDD membership. Below are some upcoming trainings.
|Upcoming Webinar Series||Date and Time||Speaker|
|How to Edit Scholarly Volumes: Lessons from the Presumed Incompetent Project||
Tue, May 24, 2022 @ 11:00am - 12:00pm PT
|Carmen Gonzalez, JD|
Rising Above Burnout
Tue, Jun 21, 2022 @ 11:00am - 12:00pm PT
|Kristin Croyle, PhD|
Mentorship: Efficient and Effective Practices
Tue, Jul 19, 2022 @ 11:00am - 12:00pm PT
|Adaira Landry, MD|
|Equitable, Accessible, and Inclusive Teaching Practices||
Tue, Aug 23, 2022 @ 11:00am - 12:00pm PT
|Saili Kulkarni, PhD|