Academic Senate Policies
- Annual Call for Academic Senate Faculty
- APM 100 (Academic Personnel Policies and Procedures/General)
- APM 200 (General Policy on Appointment and Promotion)
- APM 210 (Review and Appraisal Committees)
- APM 220 and UCD 220 (Academic Review Process/Appointment and Promotion Policy/Professor Series)
- Ad Hoc Committee Instructions for Evaluations
A Career Equity Review (CER) is designed to examine those rare cases in which normal personnel actions, from the initial hiring onward, may have resulted in an inappropriate rank and step--that is, the candidate's rank and step may not be commensurate with his or her record of research, teaching, professional activity, and service. The purpose of a CER is to recalibrate rank and step, not salary.
Lecturer with Security of Employment (LSOE) Series
In accordance with APM 285-8-g and after consultation with the Academic Senate, the UC Davis Chancellor and Provost approve use of the following working titles for current and future appointees in the LSOE series:
- Lecturer with Potential for Security of Employment = Assistant Professor of Teaching (___)
- Lecturer with Security of Employment = Associate Professor of Teaching (___)
- Senior Lecturer with Security of Employment = Professor of Teaching (___)
For example, a Lecturer with Security of Employment in the Department of Evolution & Ecology will use the working title of Associate Professor of Teaching Evolution & Ecology.