“Transitioning to Retirement” Workshops
The transition to retirement can be unexpectedly challenging—as challenging as other significant life changes—first job, marriage, having children, changing careers, or relocating. Advance planning for retirement can help in ensuring a positive retirement experience; in support of this planning, this workshop series provides valuable information and tools to support the achievements of retirement goals.
The workshop series for faculty/academics will encompass several different aspects of retirement. These well-received sessions are a collaborative effort between the Academic Affairs office and the UC Davis Retiree Center.The workshops are designed for those individuals considering retirement within the next five to eight years.
UC Davis Campus
- Introduction & Understanding UC Retirement Plan Income Options – January 13, 2017
- Retiree Health Care Benefits & Social Security – January 20, 2017
- Financial Planning for Retirement – January 27, 2017
- Work and Lifestyle Transitions – February 3, 2017
- Introduction & Understanding UC Retirement Plan Income Options – February 17, 2017
- Retiree Health Care Benefits & Social Security – February 24, 2017
- Financial Planning for Retirement – March 3, 2017
- Work and Lifestyle Transitions – March 10, 2017
The four workshops will complement and build upon each other. It is recommended that participants register for the entire series, however each session is available for individual registration. Workshop leaders will include UC Davis staff, faculty and representatives from retirement-focused organizations.
The Davis sessions will be held at the Walter A. Buehler Alumni Center in the Buehler Alumni Room on the Davis campus; and the Sacramento sessions will be hosted at the Cancer Center Auditorium. PRIOR REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED.
Registration is now available through the Staff Development and Professional Services website.
Space is limited, so early registration is advised. To address privacy concerns, supervisors/chairs of registrants will not be automatically notified when an employee/appointee enrolls for this workshop. Spouses/partners are invited to attend but cannot register online, so please contact the Retiree Center at firstname.lastname@example.org to register them.
For those who cannot attend the workshops, webinars and other resources are available on the Retiree Center’s retirement planning webpage. For more information, contact the Retiree Center at email@example.com or 752-5182.