Partner Opportunities Program (POP)
- POP Requests for Consideration forms now on Forms On Line
- Sample Memorandum of Understanding for Non-Senate and/or Staff Positions (DOC)
- Sample Memorandum of Understanding for Academic Senate Positions (DOC)
- Sample Memorandum of Understanding for Contract Staff Positions in non-Academic Units (DOC)
- Sample Memorandum of Understanding for Career Staff Positions in non-Academic Units (DOC)
- POP Information Card (PDF)
What is the Partner Opportunities Program and Who is Eligible?
Under the direction of the Vice Provost--Academic Affairs, the UC Davis Partner Opportunities Program (POP) is a service designed to support department and deans offices in the recruitment and retention of outstanding faculty. Eligibility is limited to full-time Academic Senate Ladder Rank faculty, Lecturers with Potential Security of Employment, Cooperative Extension Specialists, and members of the Senior Management Group.
How are POP Services Initiated?
Services begin with a written request from the dean of the school or college that is recruiting the faculty member. POP will then provide assistance to the prospective or current faculty member and their partner/spouse.
What can POP Provide?
POP services can take a variety of forms, the most common being assistance for a partner/spouse who is looking for employment opportunities. POP will serve as a resource to explore career goals, job opportunities and/or arrange contacts and informational interviews. It is important to note, however, that POP cannot guarantee job placement or the successful resolution of employment issues.
Are there Other Resources?
There is an array of information, resources and programs available to UC Davis employees to address areas related to work/life integration (HR Work Life and Wellness). If you are faculty or staff there are specific initiatives that address your work life needs.
Frequently Asked Questions for Applicants for Faculty Positions
- I am being recruited for a faculty position and my partner needs employment. What should I do?
First, you must contact your Department Chair to determine if you are eligible for POP services. If so, the Chair will send a written request for POP assistance to your dean.
- If we are approved for POP services, will my partner/spouse be guaranteed a position?
No. The POP program cannot guarantee the successful resolution of employment issues, nor can it create positions. It can help the partner by identifying open positions and job opportunities on campus or in local areas.
- We're not eligible for POP services. Are there web resources for finding jobs in the area?
Yes, web links with information about academic and staff employment opportunities at UC Davis and other colleges and universities in the area can be found in the column on the the left side of this page, under 'Employment Assistance'.
- Where can I find information about the Davis area?
Web links to information about Davis and surrounding communities can be found in the column on the left side of this page, under 'General Area Information'.
Frequently Asked Questions for Department and Deans Office Staff
- I am a staff member assisting the department chair and/or dean with a POP request. I need some guidance! What should I do?
Contact the POP Coordinator who will email the current POP guidelines and/or answer any specific questions you may have.
- What if I just need the POP forms?
POP forms can be downloaded and printed from the links in the column on the left side of this page. The POP Guidelines also contain copies of the forms.
- What should the forms include?
Along with the proper signatures, very specific information as to what is being requested should be included on all POP request forms. Contact the POP Coordinator if you have questions.
For specific information about the program at UC Davis, please contact:
Partner Opportunities Program
Office of the Provost
University of California, Davis
One Shields Avenue
Davis, CA 95616-8501
Phone: (530) 752-7071